Desert and Oasis



A barren tract of my life yearns for an
oasis,
Like a pale wrinkled face languishing for
glosses,

Here bondings are like motes of sand without any cohesion ,
And bondages like spines of cactus with firm
adhesion,

Centuries have passed , rain of joy hasn't wet
my core,
Am as dull, as rough as I was millenniums before,

Sun warms me and moon  calms me, this happens every day and night ,
I am stuck in this monotony wanna dance in shower bright,

I am a desert how can a rose of love flourish in my heart ?
Even if it sprouts, dry winds will wither it apart,

Even if desert gets an Oasis will its dryness
diminsh ?
The two would meet but the grief wouldn't
finish.

Oasis's  beauty will stand apart mocking ugly savage desert,
The desert will remain dry and deprived will remain it's heart.

Image credit: Google search

Comments

  1. It is amazing at so many levels.
    The metaphor within the metaphors.
    I am sure, for person with a heart full of poetic oases, life can never be barren, no matter how many dry winds of discomfort blow during the journey across this desert.
    Kudos to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Transformation

This Can't Be The End